Who is the Antichrist?
Portsmouth, OhioBible Study
1. What are the various meanings of the word “antichrist”?Literal meaning: ___________ ______________Alternative meanings: ____________ of ___________Or ________________ of ____________Comprehensive definition: “The term… appears to have become increasingly ______________ to a proper name as the _____________ of all that was __________ to and ____________ to the __________ and _______________ of Christ.”
2. The apostle John writes of a “spirit of antichrist”. How do you explain this, and what does John mean?
3. Paul and John write of a “man of sin” and a “false prophet” to come in the end time. Who are these people and what is their role in the future?
8. In the book of the Maccabees, what is described as happening under the order of Antiochus? How was this resolved?
9.Complete the chart pertaining to the “abomination of desolation”
11. How do you understand I John 2:22?(22)Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.